Invitation for Bids
HILLY AREAS SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT (HASAD)
IFAD Loan number 791-LB
Contract Title: OLIVE OIL EXTRACTION PLANT.
Reference No.: 2-1A.1
- The Republic of Lebanon represented by the Green Plan has received financing from the International Fund for Agricultural Development IFAD towards the cost of HILLY AREAS SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT (HASAD), and intends to apply part of the proceeds towards payments under the contract for an OLIVE OIL EXTRACTION PLANT.
- The Green Plan now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the procurement of an OLIVE OIL EXTRACTION PLANT and related Services:
- Olive oil press/mill (capacity 1500- 2000 kg per hour)
- Product line material (6 x stainless steel tanks of 1000 liters capacity with accessories)
- Bottling, Packaging and labeling equipment as follows:
1- Filling machine (bottling):
2- Capping Machine
Place of delivery:
Union of Municipalities – Hermel – North Bekaa – Lebanon
90 days after contract signature.
- Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in IFAD Project Procurement Guideline’s (September 2010) and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Green Plan – Ministry of Agriculture, Mr. Hassan Nasrallah, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the bidding documents during office hours: Monday – Thursday from: 08.00 to 14.00 and Friday: 08.00 to 11.30 at the address given below.
- A complete set of bidding documents in English may be acquired by interested eligible bidders from the address below upon the submission of a written application to the same address.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 23rd of May, 2017 Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 24th of May, 2017
- All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of Ten Thousand United States Dollars Only ($10,000).
- The address referred to above is:
Attn: Dr. Thanaa Kaderi
Ramlet El Baida – Baltagi Bldg.
Beirut – Lebanon
Tel: 00961 853631
Fax: 00961 853126
Web site: www.greenplan.gov.lb
1. Climate Smart Agriculture: Enhancing Adaptive Capacity of the Rural Communities in Lebanon (AgriCAL)
The Adaptation Fund Board approved in June 2012 the Full Sized Project Grant entitled “Climate Smart Agriculture: Enhancing Adaptive Capacity of the Rural Communities in Lebanon (AgriCAL)” submitted by IFAD. The Financing Agreement was signed by the Government of Lebanon in December 2013. The Project aims to increase community resilience and adaptive capacity to climate change in the Project Area. The objective of the Project is to support the implementation of climate change adaptation measures in the agriculture sector in the Project Area through four components: (i) increased water availability and efficient use through water harvesting and irrigation technologies; (ii) increased adaptation to climate change for crop production; (iii) increased resilience of shepherds and small ruminants to climate change through sustainable rangeland management; and (iv) climate index insurance initiated, policy influenced and lessons learned and shared through a knowledge management system.
The Ministry of Agriculture (MoA) has the overall coordination responsibility for the Project through the establishment of a Project Coordination Unit (AGRICAL-PCU). Project implementing partners are the Green Plan (GP) and the Lebanese Agricultural Research Institute (LARI). The PCU will implement the project activities according to the approved annual work plans and budgets. Moreover, it will ensure synergy and complementarity with the Hilly Areas Sustainable Agricultural Development Project co-financed by the Fund (HASAD) and works closely with the HASAD Project Management Unit (HASAD-PMU). The GP will implement Component 1 of the Project in line with its mandate and in full cooperation with MOA and LARI. LARI will implement Component 2 of the Project in line with its mandate and in full cooperation with MOA and GP. The AGRICAL-PCU will have the overall responsibility to deliver the results of the Project and would specifically take lead on Components 3 and 4.
To be able to implement successfully this Project, three vacancies are available, Kindly click on the vacancy to see the job description.
The deadline for CVs submission is Friday 3rd of March 2017.
2. Contract title: Construction of a medium-sized Hill lakes in : 1. Aïnata (Bekaa) – 2. Bchenata (North Lebanon) – 3. Chwaya (Nabatieh) – 4. Jezzine (South) and 5. Tarchich (Mount Lebanon)
ARDP – Green Plan – Ministry of Agriculture
Beirut – Republic of Lebanon
Publication reference: GP/EUD/MoA/ARDP/306-243/HLC1
The Green Plan has obtained a grant from the Agricultural and Rural Development Program (ARDP) for the construction of Hill lakes, funded by the EU through the European Neighborhood and Partnership Instrument (ENPI) and implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA) of Lebanon. This project is in accordance with the rules of ARDP – Execution of irrigation infrastructures and the promotion of sustainable water management and the Regulation 236/2014 programme.
The Green Plan intends to award a work contract to execute works related to medium-sized hill lakes in the above mentioned areas, including excavation, backfilling, concrete works, hydraulic installations and all other related works detailed in the following sections of these tender documents.
The tender dossier is available at the Green Plan Headquarter in:
Balatagi Building (Third floor) – Ramlet El Bayda – Face to State security– Lebanon.
Tel: 01 961 1 853 631, Fax: 01 961 1 853 126
The deadline for tender submission is Monday 7th of November at noon (12:00: Beirut Local time). The bid opening session shall take place on Tuesday 8th of November 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
Possible additional information or clarifications shall be published on the Green Plan website: www.greenplan.gov.lb. For any questions, please send it to email@example.com